MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United manager David Moyes dismissed suggestions his job is under threat, saying he has the ful

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 24.08.2019 03:30

MANCHESTER, England - Manchester United manager David Moyes dismissed suggestions his job is under threat, saying he has the full backing of the clubs hierarchy. Adidas Superstar Kengät Ale . United will finish the season without a major trophy if it fails to overturn a 2-0 deficit against Olympiakos in the last 16 of the Champions League on Wednesday. The match comes three days after a humiliating 3-0 home loss to fierce rival Liverpool, which left United in seventh place in the Premier League and without any realistic chance of qualifying for next seasons Champions League. "My future has not changed one bit," Moyes said Tuesday. "I have got a great job, know exactly the direction I want to go in. "The biggest assurance is that (the board) let me get on with the job ... we talk about the future, we make big plans going forward. That is why they gave me a six-year contract. This is not a club that works on a short-term vision, it is a long-term one." Moyes said he has been in regular contact with Alex Ferguson, the man he replaced as manager in July and who recommended his fellow Scot for one of the biggest jobs in world football. "He told me before I came in it was a difficult job but he is always here to help," said Moyes, who added that "all the board are very supportive" of him. Only five teams have overturned a deficit of two goals or more in the Champions League era. Winning the Champions League looks to be the only route back into the competition next season, leaving it likely that United will miss out of Europes top tournament for the first time since the 1995-96 season. Moyes, though, urged fans to keep faith in his reign despite a woeful run of seven losses in 14 games so far in 2014. "I actually think they have seen some defeats they wouldnt have expected and have stuck with the team throughout," he said. "They have seen great success here in the past and will see great success again in the future. "This club is the biggest club in the world. It might not feel it today, but it will rise again." Adidas Ultra Boost 4.0 Suomi . Portland won Game 4 Sunday night at the Moda Center and are now up 3-1. The last time the Blazers won a playoff series came in the 2000 Western Conference semifinals against the Utah Jazz. Fake Yeezy Suomi . The last team in the NBA that will have any sympathy for the Thunder is the Minnesota Timberwolves, who are showing signs of putting everything together after two years of devastating injuries. http://www.yeezysuomi.com/ . As deep as their roster is, they need their superstar. Rose scored 23 points in his return from a five-game absence due to back pain, and Chicago hung on to beat the struggling Atlanta Hawks 90-79 on Monday.TSNs Jack Armstrong offers his thoughts on Andrew Bynum, Al Horford, the Toronto Raptors, the atmosphere for the Portland vs Miami game, and the long list of injured players. 1. ANDREW BYNUM (Cavs): Grow Up! Youre a professional athlete. These are your prime earning years. Dont mess it up. For the life of me I cant comprehend how guys dont realize that there is no other walk of life that theyre going to make the kind of money they make and have the fun they do being a pro athlete. Once its gone, its very difficult to recapture what you blew. Sure, maybe he has other off-court interests; youve got a long life to enjoy those. Capitalize on what youre doing now and dont be silly. Its a shame: talented guy who needs to get with the program. 2. AL HORFORD (Hawks): Significant blow to Atlantas season losing one of my favorites in the league. He was having another steady season at 18+ ppg and 8+ rpg. Thats hard to replace. Thank goodness they signed Paul Milsap (17 and 8 per game) as a free agent this past summer. Theyre going to have to ride him a bunch in the post area; hes more than capable. The nightly loss of Horford will be a big hole to fill though considering the lost Josh Smiths athleticism and scoring ability this past off-season. The Hawks are still a capable team that will be in the playoff hunt. It will just get harder to maintain that third spot in the East Standings. 3. TORONTO RAPTORS: Im afraid to snap my fingers right now for fear theyll come out of the zone theyre in at this stage. Theyve been really fun to watch and the energy, effort, and commitment to team has been top-notch. Ive got my fingers crossed it continues; its been an enjoyable stretch of hoops to say the least. The Raptors have a really difficult stretch of games coming up however, take a good look at the schedule. The travel will be frequent and the rest/prep time will be minimal. The true test for this group will be whether they can handle some of the adversity thats ahead. If they play the way theyre playing right now, they can hang with anyone. Theres still plenty of time for GM Masai Ujiri to evaluate his team and make decisions in a calculated, big-picture way to determine whether he wants to buy, hold or sell. Yeezy Kengät Hinta. You need to see guys get put through the ringer a good bit to see what youve got and just as important you need to evaluate what each team in your conference has and doesnt have to determine how you want to build your eventual contending team. 4. PORTLAND/MIAMI: Not sure if you caught the Heat/Blazers game on Saturday night or even caught the highlights but wow! The energy in the arena in Portland, one of the three best playing atmospheres in the NBA (OKC and Golden State are the other two), was off the charts. The action on the court was equally good. Sometimes when youre around pro sports you can get a bit cynical once in a while. When you see the level of passion and love for the sport and competition that both teams had it gives you goose bumps. The great teams and great players have incredible pride and a wonderful makeup. Thanks to the players on both teams for giving folks their moneys worth. 5. INJURIES: Last week we had Russell Westbrook and Al Horford added to the long list of elite players with significant injuries this year. There are a lot of theories as to why its happening. Ill just say this: Im firmly convinced that players are overtraining and not allowing their bodies enough rest/recovery time. In addition, many players hire their own workout guys in the off-season with their own theories/approaches that tend to differ from what they hear from their teams. I dont like that pattern. Im a huge believer in perfect practice makes perfect. When you train improperly or utilize varying training methods at different times youre exposing yourself to greater harm. In season, teams need to be more conscious of reducing the amount of time players spend on their feet. Its all about quality vs. quantity. Am I a bit concerned? Yes. Balance and moderation have got to be looked at more rather than obsessive overkill. Dont mistake activity for achievement! ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

EDMONTON - The Ottawa Redblacks will take a passel of ex-Eskimos and a collective chip on their shoulder when they go for their
Lions captain Warren Whiteley has been passed fit ahead of Saturdays quarter-final against the Crusaders, live on Sky Sports 3 H

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz