TORONTO -- In a year full of disappointment, the Toronto Blue Jays were left to focus on small victories as they closed out a re

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 05.10.2019 05:26

TORONTO -- In a year full of disappointment, the Toronto Blue Jays were left to focus on small victories as they closed out a regular season with games that became rather meaningless several weeks ago. Cheap Air Jordan Online . They were resigned to the role of spoiler and nearly put a significant dent in Tampa Bays post-season hopes on Sunday, with a furious comeback attempt coming just short as the Rays held on for a 7-6 victory. Tampa Bay locked up a tiebreaker game appearance with the win. The Blue Jays, meanwhile, were packing their lockers after a last-place finish in the American League East. The Rays jumped out to an early six-run lead but the Blue Jays would not give in. Toronto manager John Gibbons was impressed that his team refused to quit. "The guys hung in there and we made a run late, they had a shot," he said. "So Im pretty proud of them for that." At the start of the day, Tampa Bay (91-71) and the Texas Rangers were one game behind the Cleveland Indians in the race for the two wild-card spots. Cleveland defeated the Minnesota Twins 5-1 to win the first wild card and Texas beat the Los Angeles Angels 6-2. The Rays will play the Rangers in a tiebreaker game Monday afternoon. Toronto (74-88) finished last in the A.L. East division and fell to 40-41 on the year at Rogers Centre. It was the first season since 2004 that Toronto had a sub-.500 record at home. Expectations were high for the Blue Jays in 2013 after an off-season makeover. Injuries and underperformance prevented them from making strides and they barely improved on last seasons 73-89 record. "It was difficult, the last two years actually," said Toronto reliever Darren Oliver, who plans to retire. "But thats why you play this game on the field, not on paper. Hopefully these guys can get it right one of these days because I think the fans are really hungry for a winning team. I mean I know if I was a fan, I would be." The Blue Jays have not been to the playoffs since winning the World Series in 1993. "I always look at it any time youre packing your stuff up and not playing in a post-season, its a wasted year. For me personally, obviously not for the organization," said designated hitter Mark DeRosa. "A lot of good things happened for some young guys. "But overall the ultimate goal was to win the A.L. East and find a way into the playoffs and we didnt accomplish it so I would say its a disappointment." Blue Jays starter Todd Redmond (4-3) struck out David DeJesus to open the game before running into trouble. The Rays put six runs on the board in the inning. Redmond recorded just two outs in the shortest start of his career. Tampa Bay starter Matt Moore (17-4) struggled with his command in the first inning. He walked three batters but escaped unscathed by striking out DeRosa with two runners on base. The Blue Jays chipped away at the lead in the sixth inning. DeRosa energized the crowd of 44,551 with a two-run double and later scored on a sacrifice fly by J.P. Arencibia. Moore was pulled with one out in the frame. He allowed three earned runs, six hits, three walks and had four strikeouts. Oliver received a standing ovation when he came out in the seventh inning. The 42-year-old left-hander retired the Rays in order. In the bottom half of the frame, Jose Reyes scored on a one-out double by Brett Lawrie of Langley, B.C. Gose was held at third base and Joel Peralta relieved Jake McGee. Peralta walked Moises Sierra to load the bases, drawing a visit by Tampa Bay manager Joe Maddon. Home-plate umpire Paul Schrieber came to the mound and Maddon started to argue with him and was ejected. Pinch-hitter Adam Lind then grounded into an inning-ending double play. Maddon wouldnt reveal whether he was upset about ball and strike calls, only saying "I had enough." He did say he gave a message to his infielders. "I said, Listen. Thats it. Im out of this game, I know you guys are going to be fine. Im going to catch the rest of this game with a glass of wine in my hand and were going to win it." Tampa Bay very nearly lost it. The Blue Jays made it a one-run game in the eighth inning. Reyes drove in Ryan Langerhans with a single off Fernando Rodney and Gose followed with an RBI single of his own that scored Kevin Pillar. Lawrie drew a two-out walk to load the bases but Moises Sierra followed with a strikeout. The Blue Jays put a runner on in the ninth but Rodney got Ryan Goins on a lineout to end the game. It was Rodneys 37th save of the year. Gibbons gave several relievers some work on the final game of the season. Oliver, Wagner, Luis Perez, Chad Jenkins, Jeremy Jeffress, Steve Delabar and Sergio Santos all made appearances. Now the focus will shift to general manager Alex Anthopoulos, who will likely have another busy off-season ahead. The players remained optimistic that they can bounce back in 2014. "We had a lot of people that thought we were going to win the World Series," Lawrie said. "But it takes a little bit of time to build chemistry. We had a little bit of trouble keeping some guys healthy, myself included. Reyes went down, the pitching staff went down a little bit. So you know, youve got to have your guys to make that push." Notes: The Toronto players came out of the dugout in the third inning to wave their hats in appreciation for the fans support this season. ... A video of Olivers career highlights was played on the stadium big screen in the fourth inning. Oliver came out of the bullpen and stood on the warning track to watch. ... The Blue Jays season attendance total rose to 2,536,562, an increase of 436,899 from 2012. ... The game took three hours 21 minutes to play. Wholesale Jordans From China . Its great to be back for another season in Banditland, and Im looking forward to another competitive season with my teammates, said Tavares. Wholesale Air Jordan .C. -- Theyll remember the OT from the first Syracuse-Duke game -- and the Ts that decided Round 2. https://www.fakejordanwholesale.com/ . Before that, Rousey needed a total 23 minutes and 26 seconds to take care of her last eight opponents - and one of those fights lasted 10 minutes and 58 seconds.Denver, CO (SportsNetwork.com) - Kenneth Faried racked up 26 points and a career-best 25 rebounds, and the Denver Nuggets needed every last one to hold off the Minnesota Timberwolves by a 106-102 score. Faried, who finished 11-of-15 from the field, was one of three Nuggets to record a double-double as Denver halted a two-game skid. Ty Lawson compiled 16 points with 11 assists, while Timofey Mozgov pulled down 14 boards in addition to netting 11 points. Its one of the best games Ive seen him play, Lawson said of Faried. I feel like hes just playing his game. Instead of taking shots from the perimeter or midrange jumpers, hes either get(ting) a rebound and putting it back in or hes getting dump-offs. Hes playing like he was toward the end of last year. Wilson Chandler contributed 21 points to help the Nuggets send the Western Conference cellar-dwelling Timberwolves to a seventh consecutive defeat. Thaddeus Young had 23 points for Minnesota and Andrew Wiggins tallied 22 in the loss, with Gorgui Dieng amassing 14 points and 13 rebounds. Minnesota battled hard to turn a 10-point third-quarter deficit into a 91-86 lead with under five minutes to play, but went cold down the stretch and the Nuggets regained the upper hand behind an 8-0 run capped by two Chandler free throws with 3:30 to go. The Timberwolves again fought back to tie the game at 98-98 when Mo Williams fed Young for a short basket with 1:49 remaining. However, Lawson burst into the lane for a layup on the ensuing possession and Denver was able to stay in front with superior foul shooting down the stretch. Minnesota went to the line on three of its next four trips down the court, but Young, Wiggins and Dieng each went just 1-of-2 to keep the Nuggets ahead each time. Arron Afflalo followed Diengs attempts by making both of his free throw tries for a 104-101 Denver edge with 17.. Fake Retro Air Jordan. .1 seconds to play, and Minnesota turned it over on its next set when Chase Budinger stepped out of bounds just before hitting what would have been a game-tying 3-pointer. The Timberwolves managed just one point over the remaining time. Were a young team and sometimes it happens like that at the end of the game, Young said. You just cant find a shot or you cant make a free throw. Denver had opened up a 67-57 lead near the midway mark of the third quarter when the Timberwolves began to charge back, with Wiggins triple with 3:24 left in the period finishing off a 9-3 push that trimmed the margin to four points. The Nuggets lead was just one when Minnesota went on a 10-4 stretch to claim a 91-86 cushion with 5:32 to play. Denver began the contest on a 12-5 surge but trailed 29-26 early in the second quarter, with Youngs 10 points over the opening frame helping Minnesota forge ahead. The Nuggets went back in front when Farieds second-chance dunk gave the hosts a 36-35 edge nearing the midway mark of the second quarter, and Denver was up as many as seven before entering the break owning a 53-47 advantage. Faried was the main factor in Denvers halftime lead, amassing 14 points on 5- of-6 shooting while pulling down an impressive 14 rebounds over the first two quarters. Game Notes Farieds previous career high for rebounds was 21, set against Utah on April 12 of last season ... Minnesota is on its longest losing streak since a seven- game slide from Mar. 30-April 17, 2012, while Fridays loss was the clubs seventh in a row on the road ... The Nuggets finished with a commanding 62-44 advantage on the glass ... Williams tied a season best with 13 assists for the Wolves ... Denver was 25-of-32 overall at the foul line, compared to a 17- of-24 performance for Minnesota. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

WINNIPEG -- Al Montoya made his case for more time in the Winnipeg net after watching the Jets first five games from the bench.
WINNIPEG -- The Winnipeg Jets have signed defenceman Brenden Kichton to a three-year, US$1. [url=https://www.fakeyeezywholesaleo

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz