Matthias Mayer of Austria won the Olympic downhill in Sochi on Sunday. [url=https://www.fakejerseyswholesale.com/]Cheap Jerseys

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 14.10.2019 05:06

Matthias Mayer of Austria won the Olympic downhill in Sochi on Sunday. Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping . Mayer finished the Rosa Khutor course in 2 minutes, 6.23 seconds. Christof Innerhofer of Italy won silver and Kjetil Jansrud of Norway won bronze. Canadas Erik Guay finished 10th. Teammates Ben Thompson, Jan Hudec and Manuel Osborne-Paradis finished 19th, 21st and 25th respectively. Pre-race favorite Aksel Lund Svindal fourth and American Bode Miller finished eighth. Mayer was one of the first contenders to come down, with the No. 11 bib, and he hardly celebrated when he reached the finish. But his smile grew wider as all the favorites failed to catch him. Miller was one of the fastest skiers on the top section but lost speed when he hit a gate on a right turn a bit further down. "He pinched it off and went into the gate," Italian skier Dominik Paris said. "It was a critical section there." After crossing the finish, Miller sat down on his skis with a look of bewilderment on his face. That was understandable, considering that the American had dominated two of the three official training sessions. Svindal was also fast on top but lost speed when his large frame went soaring into the air over the big jumps lining the rest of the course. Mayer is short and compact and appeared more aerodynamic over the jumps. Mayeris one of the more surprising gold medalists in the sports marquee race, as he has never before finished better than fifth in a World Cup downhill. But Mayer led the second downhill training session and was third in the opening session. His father, Helmut, won a silver medal in the super-G at the 1988 Calgary Games. Mayer was not even supposed to be Austrias top contender but he was thrust into that position when Hannes Reichelt was sidelined with back surgery after winning the prestigious Kitzbuehel downhill on home snow two weeks ago. Ski-loving Austria has won more mens downhills at the Olympics than any other nation, six of 17, but the last came in 2002 from Fritz Strobl, who happens to be from the same region in southern Austria as Mayer. So is Franz Klammer, who won the 1976 Innsbruck Games downhill. Mayer has had more success in super-G, including a silver medal at the 2008 junior world championships and two second-place World Cup showings. Those super-G skills suited him well for the Olympic downhill course, which was extremely technical. At 3.5 kilometers (2.17 miles), the Rosa Khutor piste was also one of the most physically demanding tests skiers faced all season. With three big jumps, one of which sent skiers soaring into the air for 70 meters (yards), it provided for a spectacular race. However, the stands were only half full at the start due to an apparent traffic problem. They only filled up as the race wore on. Skies were cloudy and the temperature was slightly above freezing. The next event on the Alpine schedule is the womens super-combined Monday, followed by the womens downhill Wednesday. Fake Jerseys Online . Funny, they looked like longtime friends during Pittsburghs 5-1 demolition of Dallas on Tuesday night. Quick to the puck and even quicker to the net, the Penguins top line overwhelmed the suddenly struggling Stars as Pittsburgh bounced back from a dismal weekend sweep at the hands of Philadelphia by jumping on Dallas early. Black Friday Jerseys .ca. Kerry, I hope you address Ron MacLeans comment during the second intermission of Game 4 in Montreal-Tampa series. Basically, he suggested that the NHL should not have used a referee from Quebec, following the Game 3 disputed non-goal, because the referee could be biased towards Montreal. https://www.fakejerseyswholesale.com/ . The official spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity Wednesday because the league hasnt announced the award. Crawford was the Clippers third-leading scorer and the NBAs top-scoring reserve with 18. MONTREAL -- Coach Michel Therrien calls Francis Bouillon a success story, and he would know. Therrien was Bouillons coach in junior hockey when they won the Memorial Cup with the Granby Predateurs and was coaching him again when the stocky Montreal Canadiens defenceman celebrated his 38th birthday on Thursday. "Time goes fast," said Therrien. "But when you look at success stories, heres a guy who was never drafted, he played in the ECHL, he played as a 20-year-old in the Quebec league when we won the Memorial Cup together. "Hes had such a great career." Bouillon, the Canadiens oldest player, beat the odds by making it to the NHL as a five-foot-eight defenceman and beat them again by carving out a long career. His playing days looked to be finished when Montreal cut him (and his $1.8 million salary) loose in 2009, but he went to the Nashville Predators camp on a try-out and made the team. Then he played well enough for the Preds to offer him a two-year extension. He looked to be headed for retirement again in 2012, but then the Canadiens hired Therrien back as head coach and Bouillon got a one-year contract. Now hes on another one-year US$1.5 million deal. "Today, its important to have good contacts," said Bouillon. "When Michel got hired last year and I got the call from him to sign here, I was really happy about that. "Today, you need to have good relationships with people. I had it with Michel in the past, and to have a chance to play for him again is a pleasure." His job this season is partly to play and partly to be the on-ice mentor to gifted rookies Jarred Tinordi and Nathan Beaulieu. The Canadiens have three injured veterans on the back end -- Alexei Emelin, Douglas Murray and Davis Drewiske -- so the youngsters have been taking turns in the lineup, mostly on the third pairing with Bouillon. "As a defenceman, its always nice to have one partner for the whole season, but for me, its been maybe three years, since I was in Nashville, that I played with a few different guys," he said. "Here I play with Tinordi or Beaulieu. Theyre both playing really ggood. Cheap Nike Jerseys. Theyre young but they play with a lot of confidence." The job entails playing on the right side, which has been an adjustment for the left-shooting Bouillon. "The hardest part has got to be your vision when you get a puck," he said. "On the strong side, I know whats coming on the other side. Playing on the right is a bit different, but now Ive played a few games there and its getting better." Bouillon has never been a flashy player. His best season was 2005-06 when he had three goals and 19 assists. But he moves the puck well, plays on the second power play unit and is very strong for his size. He doesnt fight much, but he doesnt shy away from physical play either. Defenceman Josh Gorges said the Canadiens lost a warrior when they let Bouillon get away, and he was glad to see him return. "When I first came here (in 2006), he was one of the guys I really looked up to and who really helped me get settled in," said Gorges. "People counted him out early in his career, in the middle of his career and late in his career, and hes still there playing at a high level. "Thats a testament to his work ethic and his demeanour as a person." After going undrafted, Bouillon played a season for the Wheeling Nailers in the ECHL before moving up to the AHL with the Quebec Citadelles after Montreal signed him as a free agent in 1997. Two seasons later, he was in the NHL. He was born in New York City and moved to Montreal when he was three, but retains his U.S. citizenship. He even played for the Americans at the 2003 IIHF world championship. Whether Bouillon is back next season is to be determined. When Emelin returns, likely in late November or early December, and when Murray is healed in a few weeks, spots in the starting lineup may be scarce. And the rookies he is working with may soon be ready for full-time NHL action. "I take it year by year," he said. "I dont want to think long-term. If Im healthy and Ive still got a passion to play hockey, Ill be there again next year. "For me, being 38 doesnt matter. I feel pretty good." ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

SYDNEY, Australia -- Chelsea and Australia goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer has reportedly retired from international football. [url=h
As the leaves continue to fall and the weather turns distinctly colder, our attention starts to drift towards the NFL play-offs

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz