TORONTO – Shortly after 11 oclock on Saturday morning, Brett Lawrie wandered into manager John Gibbons office for a brief conve

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 15.10.2019 03:59

TORONTO – Shortly after 11 oclock on Saturday morning, Brett Lawrie wandered into manager John Gibbons office for a brief conversation. Kevin Love Cavaliers Jersey . There were two topics: the status of Lawries injured right hamstring and where he would play when he returns to the lineup. Gibbons confirmed Lawrie will sometimes play second base. "Hes got no problem with it," said Gibbons. "He basically said, hey, whatever the boys need. I mean, hes here to win. Thats the name of the game and like I said, I think it makes us better." Lawrie was less enthused but reiterated what he has said before and what Gibbons offered on Saturday morning. "Just doing it for the team," said Lawrie. The differences between second base and third base are many. The footwork is different. The timing is different – third base is called the "hot corner" for a reason. Lawrie has history at second base, having played the position in Milwaukees minor league system. Part of his hesitation for making the switch is grounded in the pride he takes in how hard hes worked to become a gold glove calibre third baseman, doing so almost entirely at the major league level. "I worked my butt off to get where Im at," Lawrie told TSN.ca on Friday. "Im not saying its not going to help the team. Im here to do what it is to help the team but I worked my butt off to be that good at third base and continue to do what Im doing. I work every day over there. Still continuing to get my work in and second base, it is what it is, man, its not what Im here to do. I worked my butt off to do what I do out there." Lawrie has appeared in four games at second base this season. He started at second six times last year. His limited time there doesnt make him feel more comfortable. "Not necessarily," said Lawrie. "You got to have comfort to do it a bunch of times in a row and Ive only done it for a couple of games but you need a few games under your belt to make it comfortable." Out of action since leaving in the fourth inning of Monday nights game in Philadelphia, Lawrie is nearing a return. Its been a daily process, as each day Lawrie has been intensifying the demands on his hamstring. "He came out and ran and felt pretty good today," said Gibbons. "What were going to do is were going to make him do it one more day and if all is well hell be ready to go on Monday. So I would expect to see him on Monday." If Lawrie plays on Monday night in the series finale against the Angels, expect to see him at third. Los Angeles is scheduled to start left-hander C.J. Wilson. Juan Francisco is a left-handed batter. The realignment is aimed at keeping Francisco in the lineup against right-handers, against whom he has greater success. "Weve been watching him ever since he got here," said Gibbons. "Hes a pretty good player. Hes off to a great start. I dont think wed be doing our job if we just decided to sit him and not take advantage of what hes doing." Put together Reyes, Cabrera, Bautista, Encarnacion, Lind, Navarro, Francisco, Lawrie and Rasmus and its a potent, long lineup one through nine. If someone is struggling, the next guy can pick him up. If the Blue Jays can keep everyone healthy for a period of time, it would give Gibbons a bona fide American League East lineup. "A good whatever division lineup," said Gibbons. John Henson Cavaliers Jersey . The Opening Day starter played 53 games this season hitting .192 with nine home runs and 25 RBI. Red Sox manager John Farrell has decided to start Jose Iglesias at third base as of late instead of Middlebrooks. Matthew Dellavedova Jersey . City has reached new heights under manager Manuel Pellegrini as they transition from big spending/immediate impact to perennial contender. Yaya Toures seeming discontent Tuesday may complicate that, as does the little issue of Financial Fair Play. https://www.thecavalierslockerroom.com/George-Hill-City-Edition-Jersey/ .Dawson also birdied two of the last four holes to reach 12-under 132 on TPC San Antonios AT&T Canyons Course. He won his only title in a PGA Tour-sanctioned event in 2002 in the Web.com Tours LaSalle Bank Open.Im not going to lose any sleep, believe me, Dawson said. I used to be a perfectionist, but my attitude now is to play like Im in the pro-am. NEWARK, N.J. -- Three days after being traded to the New Jersey Devils, Tuomo Ruutu had one of those storybook games against his former Carolina Hurricanes teammates. Ruutu scored with 6:30 to play to snap a tie, and the Devils earned a 5-4 victory after squandering a three-goal lead Saturday night. "We were actually taking about that, just how that works," linemate Travis Zajac said of Ruutus winner. "You get traded and somehow you come away with the winning goal. But like I said, he was on the puck all night. He played with a lot of jump." Not bad for a guy who has a lot on his mind. Not only did Ruutu have to move, he had to leave his pregnant wife in North Carolina. "This was nerve wracking, but its fun when you win," said Ruutu, who was acquired for centre Andrei Loktionov on Wednesday. "When it goes the other way, its not fun at all. We can learn from this game but the most important thing is the two points." New Jersey has won four of six games since the Olympic break, leaving the Devils two points behind Detroit for eighth place in the Eastern Conference. New Jersey has 17 games left in the regular season. "We just have to keep doing that and give ourselves a chance to stay with the pack," Devils coach Pete DeBoer said. Red-hot Adam Henrique added two more goals, and Zajac and Damien Brunner had the others as the usually defensive-minded Devils had another lax game in their own end. They have given up 11 goals in the last two games. Jeff Skinner, Jay Harrison, Nathan Gerbe and Alexander Semin scored for Carolina, which has lost seven of eight. Gerbe and Semin tallied in the third period to make it 4-4. "We did a good job of getting back in the game but unfortunately we came up short," Hurricanes defenceman Ryan Murphy said. Ruutu scored the game winner with a shot from between the circles that was set up by an outstanding play by defenceman Marek Zidlicky. Zidlicky controlled the puck and then found Ruutu coming down the middle of the ice. His shot beat goalie Cam Ward for his sixth goal of the season. "Its obviously something special to get the win," Ruutu said. "I will try to enjoy it tonight but we need some more wins.&quoot; Semin had tied it 51 seconds earlier with a spin-around shot from between the circles after singlehandedly beating four Devils in the zone. Dean Wade Jersey. Gerbe had made it a one-goal game with a short-handed breakaway goal early in the period, scoring on Martin Brodeur, who made 29 saves. The Devils seemed in command after Henrique capped a big three-goal second period with his 22nd and 23rd tallies of the season for a 4-2 lead. He has nine goals in six games since the Olympic break. The Devils scored three times in 4:17 after Skinner tied the game with a shot that deflected off the elbow of New Jersey defenceman Mark Fayne at 6:21 of the second period. It was Skinners 25th of the season, but the Hurricanes didnt enjoy the moment long. Just 1:21 later, Patrick Dwyer was called for holding defenceman Bryce Salavador. The Devils then took the lead with the aid of a lucky bounce. Zidlicky missed the net with a slap shot. The puck came off the end boards at a weird angle, and Brunner gathered it low in the left circle and backhanded a shot into an open net with Anton Khudobin caught off-guard. The goal hadnt even been announced when Carolina defenceman Mike Komisarek had a puck bounce over his stick at centre ice, setting up a 2-on-none break. Ryane Clowe gave the puck to Henrique, and he easily beat Khudobin with another backhander. Henrique made it 4-1 a little more than four minutes later with a short-handed goal. Patrik Elias carried the puck into the Carolina zone and dropped a pass to Henrique, who fired a shot into the upper corner of the net, chasing Khudobin, who made a season-high 40 saves on Friday night in a loss to the Rangers. Less than 30 seconds after Henriques short-handed goal, Harrison converted on the same power play with his fourth of the season. Gerbe closed the gap to a goal with a short-handed tally early in the third period and then Semin set things up for Ruutu to be a hero. NOTES: Carolina D Justin Faulk missed his third straight game because of an upper-body injury. ... Brunners goal was his first in 12 games and 10th of the season. ... Ruutu set up Zajacs opening goal with a nice pass across the goal crease. Zajac also had two assists. ..Murphy played a game high 26:51 for Carolina. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

TORONTO – Randy Carlyle entered the dressing room of the Maple Leafs practice facility Monday morning to an unusual and almost
BETHESDA, Md. [url=https://www.cheaporioles.com/]Orioles Jerseys China[/url] . -- About two dozen photographers lined up in a r

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz