BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics overcame Detroits dominance inside by passing the ball precisely and protecting it better than the

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 15.10.2019 03:59

BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics overcame Detroits dominance inside by passing the ball precisely and protecting it better than they had all season. Kevin Huerter Hawks Jersey . Rajon Rondo had 18 of Bostons season-high 38 assists and the Celtics committed just seven turnovers in a 118-111 win over the Detroit Pistons on Sunday night. "When one guy has it going as far as passing the ball, its contagious," said Rondo, who also scored 11 points and didnt turn the ball over. "We scored a bunch of points tonight. We kept on pushing. We played free and just had fun." Jeff Green scored 27 points, Kris Humphries had 20 points and 11 rebounds and Kelly Olynyk added 18 points off the bench for the Celtics in their second-highest scoring output of the season. Jerryd Bayless had 15 points and Jared Sullinger 14 for the Celtics, who got at least one assist from every player that entered the game. "I think we do have a pretty unselfish group moving the ball. We missed a couple of extra passes, but not very many," Boston coach Brad Stevens said. "Its good to see the body movement and the ball movement. I think weve been pretty active on that end of the floor." Josh Smith had 28 points and 11 rebounds for the Pistons and was one of three Detroit players with double-doubles. Andre Drummond had 18 points and 22 rebounds and Greg Monroe finished with 22 points and 14 boards. Will Bynum added 18 points off the bench for the Pistons, who have lost seven of eight and 10 of their last 12. "I think that our effort level needs to be a little bit harder," Bynum said. "I think maybe we need to play with a sense of urgency. We are trying to make the playoffs." Detroit controlled the game inside, outrebounding Boston 54-39 and outscoring the Celtics 64-44 in the paint. However, the Pistons committed 16 turnovers and could not cool off the Celtics once they started hitting shots. Boston shot 15 for 22 in the third quarter, including eight 3-pointers, in its highest scoring game since beating Orlando 120-105 on Nov. 11. "Sometimes we close out hoping they miss and I thought down the stretch of the game, we closed out trying to make them miss," Detroit coach John Loyer said. "We dared them to shoot the basketball and they had a very good shooting night, but youve got to adjust as the game goes on and guys are shooting the ball." Boston beat the Pistons for the first time in three meetings this season. Detroit had rallied from 21-points down to win in Boston on Dec. 18, but the Celtics were able to hold off the Pistons each time they rallied down the stretch this time. After going 2 for 14 from 3-point range in the first half, the Celtics made five from beyond-the-arc in the first 6 minutes of the third quarter. Smith pulled Detroit to 69-63 on a 3-pointer with 7:27 left in the period, the Green made back-to-back 3s followed by another from Bayless to stretch Bostons lead to 78-63. The Celtics finished the period with eight 3s and led 95-84 entering the fourth. Monroes three-point play with 9:28 remaining cut Bostons lead to 97-89, then Bynum pulled up for a jumper on a fast break to get the Pistons within six. Detroit stayed within reach and pulled to 113-109 on two free throws by Bynum, but the Pistons had to foul and Humphries sealed it by making two from the line. The Celtics shot 50 per cent in the second quarter and led by 13, but Detroit closed the half on a 9-2 run to pull within 57-49 at the break. NOTES: Drummonds 45 double-doubles are most for a Detroit player since Isiah Thomas had 47 in 1985-86. ... Humphries previous high this season was 19 points. ... Rondo reached 4,101 career assists, passing Bill Russell (4,100) for fifth place in team history. ... Boston finished with just seven turnovers. DeAndre Hunter Hawks Jersey .com) - The Winnipeg Jets placed defenceman Paul Postma on injured reserve Tuesday. Dikembe Mutombo Hawks Jersey . -- J.R. Sweezy was the one part of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line that had avoided injuries or having to change positions this season. https://www.thehawkslockerroom.com/Pete-Maravich-City-Edition-Jersey/ ." The tournament was set to be held Sept. 15-21 and would have been the first ATP tournament held in Israel since 1996. But amid Israels military campaign against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip, ATP President Chris Kermode said "we do not feel we can proceed as planned given the situation in the region.ARLINGTON, Texas -- Texas centre fielder Leonys Martin wound up being the star of a battle of top pitchers. Martin had a leadoff triple in the eighth that chased Seattle ace Felix Hernandez. An inning later, Martin singled in the winning run with two out as the Rangers scored two unearned runs off closer Fernando Rodney for a 3-2 win over the Mariners on Wednesday night. "He was in the middle of the first run by hitting the triple off Hernandez, who was outstanding tonight," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "And then he comes up in that situation against one of the best closers in the game. He just tried to put the ball in play, and it worked. Its good for him, its good for the team, and we can build on it." Rodney (0-1) retired the first two in the ninth before Kevin Kouzmanoffs single ricocheted off the glove of sliding shortstop Brad Miller and dribbled into the outfield. Mitch Moreland drew a walk before pinch-hitter Donnie Murphys grounder was fielded by Miller, whose toss to second base was high. The error allowed Moreland to slide in safely and extended the game. "It was hit right at me. It kind of ran up on me," Miller said. "I threw it too high. I saw it was too high off the get-go. Everybody did their part but me. Everybody played their butts off. Ive just got to make that play next time." Rodney then threw a wild pitch that allowed the tying run to score. Martins sharp single to left gave Texas its fourth victory in its final at-bat at home already this season. It was Rodneys first blown save in four chances. Pedro Figueroa (1-0) worked a perfect ninth for his first major league victory. Hernandez retired 10 in a row before Martins triple. He allowed four hits and one run, when Martin scored on a sacrifice fly against pinch-hitter Michael Choice, the first batter for reliever Charlie Furbush. "All of my pitches were working. I just made one mistake in the game," said Hernandez, who struck out nine. "That was that fastball to (Martin)." Texas ace Yu Darvish struck eight and walked two in seveen innings, but remains winless in his last eight home starts despite a 2. Damian Jones Jersey. 33 ERA in those games. Darvish didnt allow a run in his first two starts of the season, but was down 2-0 in the second after No. 9 hitter Mike Zunino and Abraham Almonte had consecutive two-out RBI singles. "Youve got to give Seattle credit, they fought him pretty hard for their at-bats, they just wasnt going up there making outs," Washington said. "That was their two runs. ... He kept us in the game, he really did. Usually when you give Felix one or two runs, he know how to take it to the house, but we kept battling him and we finally got him out of the game and some good things happened." Martin also had a nifty running catch, reaching and lunging with his arm fully extended steps from the centre-field wall to rob Dustin Ackley of a hit in the sixth. But there was also a play in the fourth when Zunino reached on what was ruled a single after a ball dropped between Martin and left fielder Shin-Soo Choo, who were both calling for the ball but backed off to avoid a collision. That was the last of Seattles seven hits in the game. This was the third head-to-head matchup of the star pitchers, and the first since 2012, the same year Darvish came to the major leagues from Japan. Hernandez won the first two, and has given up only two runs over 24 innings (0.75 ERA) in the three games -- while Darvish has a 6.75 ERA (13 earned runs over 17 1-3 innings) opposing King Felix. NOTES: Nick Franklin, who had a one-out triple in the second before scoring Seattles first run, was recalled earlier Wednesday along with outfielder James Jones after left-hander Blake Beavan (shoulder tendinitis) and outfielder Logan Morrison (strained right hamstring) were put on the 15-day disabled list. ... The Mariners had to hold up momentarily before coming off the field at the end of the fourth when Washington came out to question a force play at second base for the third out. Washington didnt challenge and ask umpires to look at the replay, which showed clearly that Moreland was out by a step. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

BOSTON -- Boston Red Sox designated hitter David Ortiz is apparently so popular in the city that some residents think he should
BOSTON -- The Boston Celtics overcame Detroits dominance inside by passing the ball precisely and protecting it better than the

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz