The Oscar Pistorius murder trial is underway. [url=https://www.cowboyssportsgoods.com/Womens-Chuck-Howley-Inverted-Jer sey/]Chuc

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 21.10.2019 05:22

The Oscar Pistorius murder trial is underway. Chuck Howley Womens Jersey . On the first day of trial, Michelle Burger, a neighbour of Pistorius, took the stand and set the stage for the prosecutions case. She testified that she heard Reeva Steenkamp cry for help. "I was sitting in bed and I heard her screams," Burger testified. "She screamed terribly and she yelled for help. I heard the screams again. It was worse. It was more intense. Just after her screams, I heard four shots. Four gun-shots... You could hear it was blood curdling screams. You cant translate it into words. The anxiousness in her voice, and fear. It leaves you cold. She screamed terribly and she yelled for help." We know that Pistorius has admitted to killing Steenkamp. The issue being determined at trial is whether he killed her intentionally, or as Pistorius alleges, he killed her by accident. This is his version: "During the early hours of the morning I brought two fans in from the balcony. I had shortly before spoken to Reeva who was in bed beside me. Unbeknown to me, Reeva must have gone to the toilet in the bathroom at the time I brought in the fans, closed the sliding doors and drew the blinds and the curtains. I heard the bathroom window sliding open, I believed that an intruder or intruders had entered the bathroom through the bathroom window which was not fitted with burglar bars. I approached the bathroom armed with my firearm, so as to defend Reeva and I. At that time I believed Reeva was still in the bed. The discharging of my firearm was precipitated by a noise in the toilet which I, in my fearful state, knowing I was on my stumps, unable to run away or properly defend myself physically believed to be the intruder or intruders coming out of the toilet to attack Reeva and me." So lets address some of the more important parts of the trial. Understanding the Charges The key charge against Pistorius is premeditated murder. Premeditated murder requires an intent to murder plus planning the murder. Based upon what we know, expect the prosecution to have a tough time establishing premeditated murder. As support for the charge, the prosecution will argue that the act was planned (or premeditated) since he took the time to put on his prosthetic legs before walking to the bathroom and firing four deadly shots. However, that by itself wont likely be enough to establish the requisite planning element. Premeditation is reserved for more robust planning and generally doesnt capture an intent that materialized right before a crime was committed. For those that like precedents, in the case of State v. Raath, a South African Court ruled that a father forcing his son to remove a firearm from the safe to kill the sons mother was not sufficient to constitute premeditated murder. However, that doesnt mean Pistorius walks. Not even close. Even if the prosecution cant make out premeditated murder, it can still get Pistorius on the lesser charge of murder. In order establish murder, they only need to show that he intended to kill Steenkamp (no planning element needed). Should the prosecution fail on murder, there is another lesser charge that could come into play: culpable homicide. This charge means that Pistorius negligently killed Steenkamp (or that the killing was an accident). And this is what Pistorius is alleging - he killed Steenkamp by accident. He thought she was an intruder. Prison Time Premeditated murder would get Pistorius a compulsory life sentence, while murder would result in a compulsory sentence of 15 years. For culpable homicide, the sentencing is discretionary (varies from fines to prison time), although its not unusual to see prison time in South Africa of 5-10 years for this type of crime. No Jury System & Judge Masipa South Africa does not have a jury system. Juries at times render unexpected or unusual decisions. They can also be swayed by public sentiment and emotion, while also potentially distracted by celebrity and irrelevant facts. A judge, however, is more likely to focus on the facts and make a ruling based upon those facts. The judge is charged with ensuring a just result and on that basis, will carefully review and consider all the facts of a case. Judge Thokozile Masipa is presiding over the trial. Masipa has a reputation for being tough on cases that involve crimes against women. In May 2013, Masipa ordered serial rapist Shepherd Moyo to serve a jail sentence of 252 year sentence. She hoped the sentence would serve as a "deterrent." Given her intolerance for violence against women, Judge Masipa is perhaps not the ideal judge for Pistorius. South Africa, by the way, has the highest reported rate globally of females murdered by shooting in a country not engaged in war. Thats another reason this case matters. The Case The trial has only just begun. More witnesses will testify and further evidence will be presented. So its tough to know how this will end for Pistorius. Still, there are a number of improbabilities with Pistorius version of the events. How did he not know Steenkamp was not in bed when he walked right by her? Wouldnt Steenkamp have yelled in the bathroom after the first shot was discharged? As well, witnesses have reported seeing the lights on, contradicting Pistorius account that it was pitch dark in his room. As well, Steenkamps wounds suggest she was not sitting on toilet on left hand side of bathroom but rather on right side of bathroom. This suggests she was hiding from Pistorius. Also key is whether Pistorius and Steenkamp argued that night. The prosecution has already produced witnesses who testified that they heard shouting and screaming. This helps the prosecutions argument that this was a quarrel that tragically escalated to murder. As well, the couples mobile phone records could provide helpful insight as to what happened that night. Steenkamp is said to have had her phone with her in the bathroom when she was shot. Was she contacting the authorities or friends for help as an enraged Pistorius charged toward her? It is unusual for someone to take their phone to the bathroom in the middle of the night (unless they feel threatened) and the prosecution will undoubtedly raise that. There is more. Pistorius told authorities he could not remember the password to his own cell phone. As a result, authorities took the phone to Apple headquarters to have it unlocked. This raises the possibility that Pistorius may have been hiding incriminating messages. Forensic evidence will also be presented, which can be quite effective in piecing together what really happened that night. For example, each drop of blood in the bathroom can help determine if Steenkamp was sitting, standing or moving at the time she was shot. Pistorius rage issues will also come into play. As for the defence, they will argue that the shooting was a tragic mistake - but a mistake nonetheless. They will also focus on contradictions and inconsistencies in statements made by witnesses to police and their answers in court. In fact they have started challenging witnesses, attacking not only their recollection of events, but also the plausibility of their claims that they could hear the couple argue from their homes. Pistorius claims lack believability and veracity. Ultimately, it would not be a surprise to see Pistorius convicted of murder and sentenced to 15 years in jail, particularly with a Judge like Masipa presiding over the trial. That being said, there is still a lot of track to cover and much evidence to consider. Still, Pistorius is facing an uphill battle. Bob Lilly Cowboys Jersey .com) - Al Horford collected 19 points and 16 rebounds and the Atlanta Hawks held off a furious rally to beat the Detroit Pistons 106-103 on Friday night in a game between two of the NBAs hottest teams. Terrell Owens Jersey . Team spokesman Donald Beauchamp said there was no new information on the 80-year-old Hall of Famers condition. The family has requested privacy. https://www.cowboyssportsgoods.com/Womens-Jay-Novacek-Inverted-Jersey/ . -- The Phoenix Coyotes have won three in a row for the first time in 4 1/2 months, and theyve done it just in time for the stretch run to the playoffs.PORTO ALEGRE, Brazil -- The Netherlands is on the verge of qualifying for the World Cup knockout rounds after fending off a belligerent Australia 3-2 on Wednesday to follow up its opening 5-1 rout of defending champion Spain. Memphis Depay scored the clincher in the 68th minute, seconds after Australia missed a chance to go ahead again. Arjen Robben and Robin Van Persie, who each scored twice against Spain, added to their tournament tallies before and after Australias goals, which included a stunning volley from Cahill that levelled the score at 1-1 in the 21st. Australia is almost certainly out of contention following consecutive defeats, and Cahill will be missing in its last match against Spain after picking up his second yellow card of the tournament. Van Persie will miss the Netherlands last group match against Chile for the same reason. "They just kept running. They actually scored well. The second half we went to our own system, what were used to," Van Persie said. "But everyone did well. Im really happy with the result." After a quiet start, the game burst into life in the 20th minute when Robben collected the ball near halfway, sped through a gaping hole in the Australian midfield and shot powerfully past the outstretched left foot of Maty Ryan. Another rout seemed in the works, but only for only a matter seconds. Australia equalized with Ryan McGowan sending a long, looping pass from the midfield to Cahill, who volleyed over Jasper Cillessen onto the underside of the bar in one of the best goals of the tournament so far. Australia, the lowest-ranked team in the tournament, kept pressuring Netherlands, with Mark Bresciano and Matthew Spiranovic missing chances that could have given the Socceroos a halftime lead. Just before the interval, Cahill needlesslyy clattered into the back of Bruno Martins Indi and was given a yellow card. Jaylon Smith Womens Jersey. He was also booked in Australias opening 3-1 loss to Chile, meaning the veteran Socceroos star may have played his last World Cup game. Martins Indi was helped off the field, replaced by Depay to start the second half, and later taken to a hospital with a suspected concussion. At the start of the second half, Netherlands changed from a 5-3-2 system that worked so well against Spain to a more traditional Dutch 4-3-3 style to incorporate Depay, but it was Australia which took the surprise lead with a penalty after Daryl Janmaat handled the ball in the area. Mile Jedinak converted from the spot in the 54th to make it 2-1 but Van Persie levelled again four minutes later, collecting the ball in space on the edge of the penalty area and firing into the roof of the net. In the 68th minute, Tommy Oar had a shooting opportunity down on the left hand side of goal but chose to cross to Mathew Leckie, who couldnt beat the keeper. It proved costly on the next attacking play when Depay fired a swerving low shot from around 25 yards that beat the keepers outstretched right hand,. Australia coach Ange Postecoglou said he was "heartbroken" by the loss. "Bitterly disappointing," he said. "Just for the players, they were magnificent. They took it to a world-class team. Full credit to them, but I just feel bitterly disappointed they werent able to get some reward out of it today." Postecoglou said his team had proved some critics wrong with two gallant games. "We came to this World Cup and were playing against three of the best nations in the world," he said. "People were saying we wouldnt score a goal. In both games weve taken it to the opposition." ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

the Philadelphia Eagles
National pride and local bragging rights will both be on the line Sunday when Canada takes on the RFU Championship Select Team,

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz