NASHVILLE -- Titans safety Michael Griffin is appealing his one-game suspension without pay after being labeled by the NFL as a

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 31.10.2019 06:53

NASHVILLE -- Titans safety Michael Griffin is appealing his one-game suspension without pay after being labeled by the NFL as a repeat offender of the leagues rules prohibiting hits to the head and neck area of defenceless players. Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys . The league announced the penalty Monday for Griffins hit on Oakland tight end Mychal Rivera. The punishment came from Merton Hanks, the NFLs vice-president of football operations. Griffin wrote in a text to The Associated Press that he was just trying to do his job but hurt his team. The suspension would cost Griffin $205,882.35 out of his $3.5 million base pay this season and keep him out of Sundays game at Indianapolis. Griffin cannot take part in any football activities until Dec. 2, and the Titans hold the AFCs sixth and final playoff berth at this point. "All I can say is I apologize to the Titans fans, my teammates, and the organization," Griffin wrote. "I also hope Rivera is doing well and I apologize to him and his family." The safety was flagged for unnecessary roughness in the second quarter of Sundays 23-19 win over Oakland for a hit on Rivera. It was Griffins second violation this season and fourth since 2011. Griffin went in low but hit Rivera as the tight end went to the ground after attempting a catch. Griffin said after the game that he apologized and even asked an official what more he could do on the play only to be told to aim low. "Im asking where do you aim low when somebodys going over the middle and hes catching the ball and hes falling at the same time? What do you do? My position and my job as a defensive player is to keep him from catching the ball and I dont know what youre supposed to do," Griffin said after the game. Rivera, a rookie out of the University of Tennessee, had his helmet knocked off in the collision and did not return to the game. "It was pretty brutal," Rivera said. "The really brutal thing about it was my helmet falling off and my head hitting the ground. It wasnt really the hit. The hit was pretty hard to my head, but it was more my helmet falling off and hitting the ground." Rivera said he had no symptoms when he woke up Monday and has been cleared by doctors to play this week. He also said Griffin texted an apology after the game and said the hit was not malicious. "I really respected that from him," Rivera said. "I hit him back and told him I respected he was just doing his job and I said wed see each other again in the future." Oakland coach Dennis Allen said the suspension was the leagues decision. "Thats not for me to say whether its just or not just," Allen said. "Its unfortunate that our guy got hit and was knocked out of the game. Ill say that." Titans coach Mike Munchak said the hit looked a lot worse because Rivera was going low and his helmet came off. Munchak said the intent to harm wasnt there because Griffin went in with his shoulder. "I think the helmet came off from him actually hitting the ground of his own doing," Munchak said. "I think (Griffin) hit him with his shoulder, for sure." Griffin was fined $21,000 for hitting Jets receiver Stephen Hill high while blocking after an interception Sept. 29. The NFL also fined Griffin $21,000 last season for a helmet-to-helmet hit on Minnesota receiver Michael Jenkins last season, and the safety was fined $7,500 for a late hit in the head area with his helmet in a game at Carolina in November 2011. Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys .com) - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers quickly found themselves a new offensive coordinator, and one thats quite familiar with the NFC South. Discount MLB Jerseys . - The Detroit Lions have 13 takeaways this season — three less than all of last season — and the defence isnt the only unit pleased with the performance. https://www.mlbjerseyschina.us/ . Claude Noel will be the man behind the bench when the team hits the ice of the MTS Centre to begin its inaugural season.Then he tweeted his friend and former teammate Andrew Wiggins: Bro I miss you ?????????????? @22wiggins — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 7, 2014He even came to Wiggins aid when the trade rumours started: Please dont trade my boy @ cav Sincerely, JOEL EMBIID — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 11, 2014Hes been trying to take a break from twitter but cant seem to help himself. He then turned his attention to Kim Kardashian: Hey I want you to come slide in my DMs @KimKardashian — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 16, 2014 Oh I didnt know you were married sorry @KimKardashian just saw it from the fans tweet... have a nice day — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 16, 2014So instead hes been asking fans for dating advice: Use #EMB11DsADVICE to give me somme advices going into a new life especially with girls because they aint loyal. Clearance MLB Jerseys. I said it Dont trust them. — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 17, 2014Easily the best tweets are those about his mom: Ill tell yall this though>>> Mom is not gonna be happy with my profile pic too #iloveher — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 18, 2014Hes so fun even the NBA approves: Hehe the NBA approves my tweets... Im not gonna get fined???? — Joel-Hans Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) July 17, 2014Heres hoping Embiid cant stay off twitter because this guy said it best: @JoelEmbiid is my favorite NBA player and he hasnt played a game yet, keep the tweets coming. #EMB11DsADVICE — Mada Yoc Skrap (@coyy1215) July 18, 2014(h/t philly.barstoolsports.com) ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

only to concede a fluke equalizer.
Vancouver, BC - The British Columbia Lions have some decisions to make following the loss of quarterback Travis Lulay to a shou

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz