DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers arent just winning games this week. [url=https://www.custombaseballnikejerseys.com/?tag=custom-ph

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 05.11.2019 08:56

DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers arent just winning games this week. Custom Philadelphia Phillies Nike Jerseys . They are making history. One night after Rajai Davis hit Detroits first game-ending grand slam in 10 years, Rick Porcello significantly raised the bar. In a 3-0 win over Oakland, Porcello became just the fourth pitcher in franchise history to throw a shutout without walking or striking out a batter, and the first since Dizzy Trout in 1944. Porcello was slightly disappointed by his 95-pitch outing, even after learning how rare it was. "In the last couple innings, I was hoping Id get at least one strikeout," he said. "I didnt want to go out there and put up a zero. Still, with a game like this, Im certainly not going to trade it in for anything." Porcello recorded 17 groundball outs and 10 in the air while becoming the first major-leaguer to accomplish the feat since Baltimores Jeff Ballard on Aug. 21, 1989. Porcello was eight months old when Ballard did it against Milwaukee. "To be honest, it was pretty boring out there," said Torii Hunter, who didnt record an out in right field. "But that just shows you how great he was tonight. He was throwing that sinker right down the middle, and it was dropping out of the strike zone, and they were just beating it into the ground." The As got three singles and a double, and only got one runner to third base. "Our guys were swinging at strikes, but everything was moving," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "Hes got a good sinker and a good change-up, and now hes mixing in a good breaking ball to keep you off balance. Thats just a very well-pitched game by him." Porcellos night might have been historic, but it certainly didnt come out of the blue. He pitched his first career shutout in his previous start, beating the Rangers on June 26, and pitched six shutout innings against Cleveland on June 20. "I dont want to jinx it," he joked when asked about his shutout streak. "All I know is that Im throwing the ball really well right now, Im making consistent pitches when I need them, and my defence is helping me out. Im also getting some good breaks, which every pitcher needs." Porcello (11-4) only had one career complete game before this stretch, but is now the first Tigers pitcher since Jack Morris to throw back-to-back shutouts. Morris threw three in a row in July, 1986. "Obviously, Rick is throwing the ball extremely well right now," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "He had a great curveball and changeup tonight, and the sinker was better than that. It makes my job a lot easier when the starter has only thrown 88 pitches through eight innings." Brad Mills (1-1) took the loss for Oakland, allowing three runs on six hits and three walks in six-plus innings. The Tigers took a 1-0 lead in the fourth when Miguel Cabrera walked, took third on J.D. Martinezs double and scored on a groundout by Hunter. Oakland, in the meantime, was becoming the latest team to struggle for answers against Porcello, managing only two hits in the first six innings. Martinez, starting for the second straight night while Victor Martinez deals with soreness in his left side, made it 3-0 with a two-run homer in the sixth. After moving into the everyday lineup in early June, J.D. Martinez is hitting .376 with seven homers and 20 RBIs in 19 games. "I threw him a change, and I think he was sitting on it," Mills said. "I certainly didnt locate it where I wanted it." After that, the only suspense was if Porcello could finish off the shutout, and do it with a double-digit pitch count. He accomplished both, becoming the first Tigers pitcher to throw a shutout in under 100 pitches since Armando Galarraga in 2010. That was the game Galarraga had to face an extra hitter after first base umpire Jim Joyce blew the call on what should have been the last out in a perfect game. NOTES: Victor Martinez took batting practice before the game, and told Ausmus that he could play, but Ausmus decided to rest him for another day. ... Tigers 3B Nick Castellanos took full advantage of his position in Detroits shifted defence, picking up a pair of 5-3 assists while playing in short right field. ... Oakland C Derek Norris is getting closer to returning from a sore back, and could play in Wednesdays series finale. ... The time of the game was 2:13, meaning that a 7:08 start ended less than 10 minutes after sunset. ... As OF Yoenis Cespedes sat out after leaving Mondays game with a cramp in his hamstring, but Melvin said he will be available on Wednesday. Custom Arizona Diamondbacks Nike Jerseys . However, after review it became clear Kadri kicked the puck in. Custom Los Angeles Dodgers Nike Jerseys .com) - Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price is set to return Tuesday against Nashville after sitting out the past two games because of a minor upper body injury. https://www.custombaseballnikejerseys.com/ .com) - The surprising Calgary Flames host the winless New Jersey Devils at the Scotiabank Saddledome on Friday.Ricky Nolasco takes the mound opposite R.A. Dickey on Monday night when the Minnesota Twins open a three-game set with the Toronto Blue Jays. Nolasco will try to pick up where he left off against Milwaukee on Wednesday, when he went seven innings and gave up four runs on six hits to go along with seven strikeouts. Most of that damage came on a three-run homer to Aramis Ramirez in the seventh. For Toronto, Dickey eyes up a third win in his last four starts. He labored through five innings at Detroit his last time out, as he allowed four walks and seven hits. However, Dickey also struck out four and yielded only two earned runs. "It felt like a tightrope the whole game," Dickey said. "You have three or four games a year where your body is just cranky. Who knows what its from? It could be that Im getting close to 40 years old. That could be something, too. "Its not an issue. Ive had cranky days before and pitched well. Its just something I need to monitor and be ready to go (Monday)." After reeling off six straight wins and 15 of 17 overall, Toronto suffered consecutive 5-0 lossess to St. Custom Los Angeles Angels Nike Jerseys. Louis over the weekend as the bats have suddenly gone silent. The Blue Jays, one of the top hitting teams in the AL, combined for only seven hits in those two losses. Middle-of-the-lineup stalwarts Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion went 0-for-14. "Its hard to put a finger on it," manager John Gibbons said of his teams first series loss in seven tries. Minnesota has lost three of its last four games and currently resides at the bottom of the AL Central standings. The team is coming off Sundays lopsided, 14-5 setback to the Houston Astros. Twins pitchers gave up four home runs on the day, including a pair of grand slams to Chris Carter and Jon Singleton. Starter Samuel Deduno lasted just three innings. Mondays opener kicks off a nine-game road swing for the Twins, who will also face Detroit and Boston during the trip. The team signed designated hitter Kendrys Morales to a prorated one-year, $12 million contract over the weekend, although he is not expected to play in this series. Minnesota won two of three when these teams squared off in April. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

Despite a hot start from their star slugger, the Blue Jays have struggled to take command of what has been a mediocre AL East i
CLEVELAND - The Phoenix Suns pulled off a memorable comeback. [url=http://www.clearanceairmaxcanada.com/air-max-200-canada-sale

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz