Wayne Rooney spoke exclusively to Sky Sports about Englands perfect qualifying campaign, their chances at Euro 2016 and his tim

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 18.11.2019 06:33

Wayne Rooney spoke exclusively to Sky Sports about Englands perfect qualifying campaign, their chances at Euro 2016 and his time as captain. NCAA Jerseys Outlet . Roy Hodgson named a 26-man squad for Englands Euro 2016 preparation friendlies against Turkey and Australia at the end of this month, and Rooney is more hopeful than ever that this could be their year.Here, he speaks with Sky Sports News HQs Nick Collins about Englands progress since the World Cup in 2014, as well as looking back at a successful European Qualifiers campaign and why there is plenty of optimism for the future... Rooney more hopeful than ever England a match for anyone at Euro 2016, says skipper On Englands 2-0 win in Switzerland after the World Cup...It was a big game for us. Wed obviously lost Steven Gerrard after the World Cup, and it was a change for us. Roy made me captain, and we knew how important it was, coming off the World Cup. There was a lot of pressure going into the game on Roy himself, and to get the victory in the way we did, we played a different style of football than we played over the previous two years and it worked. It was more exciting to watch and more enjoyable to play in. Included in Englands 100 per cent European Qualifiers campaign was a fine win in Switzerland On Englands 10 out of 10 European Qualifiers record...We mentioned it after the Switzerland game, we didnt want to get carried away. We had a good strong [group] of young players and we felt it was achievable.We knew it would be tough to do, but once that got close again, we felt that if we got 10 wins out of 10 it would stand us in good stead going into the tournament. It was something we aimed for and achieved. I know the players and manager were really happy, it showed a great consistency. Roy Hodgson has announced his England squad ahead of Euro 2016 On becoming England captain...I felt I was the natural successor to Steven as captain, and the manager did too. Its something I was delighted to do, and I want to do it to be successful as well. Its something I really take pride in and want to do to the best of my ability. I think the young lads in the squad have helped a lot, I feel its an exciting time for English football with the squad we have.To be a leader of those players, and to try and direct them in the right way, both on and off the pitch, is something I want to be successful at. I put a lot of effort in to do that. Rooney became England captain after the World Cup in Brazil The manager involves me in a lot of decisions. Obviously theres myself, and then weve put a team together with a few of the other senior players. If decisions on behalf of the team need making, I will go to those players, talk through it and decide what is best for the team. But of course, you have to be a role model and ambassador for the country, and thats what Ive tried to do to the best of my ability. QUIZ: England Euros squads Test your knowledge of previous England Euros squad announcements with this tricky quiz... On adapting his game...As a player you are always adapting. You adapt to your team-mates, you adapt to the different coaches you are working under. It depends what the coaches want from you.Throughout my career Ive adapted to different situations and different teams Ive played in, and I have no problem doing it. In football you need players who can play in different positions. Ive always felt like I can play in different positions. Roy Hodgson thinks Rooney is key for England but admits he doesnt have to pick him in the starting XI On his preferred position...Obviously I want to play as striker but Ive always believed I am capable of playing in different positions. I think you saw in World Cup 2006 with Owen Hargreaves, he was probably Englands best player, purely for the fact he could play in different positions.To have players like that in your squad is really important. The good thing that Roy has now is that he can look at the opponents and pick a midfield which is best for beating the opponent. We havent always had that.He could change the whole 11 if he had to now, and we would still have the chance of winning the game. Jamie Carragher thinks Rooney may have to play in midfield to make room for Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy On Englands attacking options...Weve got players who can play anywhere across that front line. Myself, Jamie Vardy, Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge can play out wide too. Its always difficult for opponent as well.Its going to be tough for the manager as well, Im sure, to decide which players he will play in which games. But thats why hes manager, Im sure he will make the right decision when it comes to it.Experience is important, but the youth and energy of the other players is equally as important. The England captain is keen to be a leader for the incoming younger players On Englands chances at Euro 2016...I feel weve got a very good squad. Its probably the first time Ive felt the squad is capable in any given game of matching any team. But obviously its one thing having that, and another being able to do that consistently throughout a tournament.You never know with the players weve got how well they can do. You saw in the last World Cup we went out at the group stage. Weve had a good Euro Qualifiers campaign, but we need to make sure that we dont slack, that we keep going and keep pushing forward, and give ourselves every possible chance.On the Wayne Rooney Foundation...Its all about sick children but also about children who need a better start in life. Obviously, having three children myself I felt they were the most important charities to raise money for. Its something Im extremely proud to be able to do and Id like to thank Manchester United for giving me the opportunity to be able to do that. Hopefully the money raised can change a lot of peoples lives. Paul Scholes evaluates Englands chances at Euro 2016 Also See: Rashford, Wilshere called up Rooney wants midfield role QUIZ: England Euros squads Euro 2016 news Wholesale NCAA Jerseys China .Y. - Phil Varone was the lone scorer in the shootout as the Rochester Americans edged the Toronto Marlies 3-2 on Sunday in American Hockey League action. Custom NCAA Jerseys . The 25-year-old native of Milford, Conn., has 18 points in 41 games this season. The five-foot-eight 166-pound centre also has 28 points (10-18) in 15 games with AHL Oklahoma City. https://www.chinajerseysncaa.us/ . made a diving catch in left field for the final out in a 1-0 victory over the Miami Marlins in a regular-season finale Sunday. Zimmermann (14-5) allowed only two baserunners, finishing with 10 strikeouts and one walk in the fifth no-hitter in the majors this year. MINNEAPOLIS -- Joe Mauer hit a two-run double that just missed reaching the seats and Kevin Correia pitched a smooth six innings to help the Minnesota Twins beat the Chicago White Sox for the third straight game, 4-3 on Saturday. Glen Perkins pitched another tenuous ninth inning but got his 19th save in 22 tries after giving up two runs to blow one the night before. Adam Eaton led off with a triple and scored on Gordon Beckhams sacrifice fly. Pinch-hitter Paul Konerko then smacked a single up the middle, but Perkins struck out Jose Abreu and Adam Dunn to end it and punctuated the final swing and miss with a big pump of his left arm. With the Twins trailing 2-1, Mauers drive in the fifth inning soared over left fielder Alejandro De Aza and landed about halfway up the wall. Kendrys Morales hit the next pitch for an RBI single against Andre Rienzo (4-5), who lost his fifth straight start. Correia (4-8) gave up five runs or more in five of his first 12 starts, sliding toward replacement in the rotation, but the 33-year-old right-hander has pitched superbly in three turns since. In 18 innings, Correia has allowed a total of two earned runs and walked only four. He surrendered his share of sharp drives on this picture-perfect first-day-of-summer afternoon, but the defence behind him didnt do him any favours. Centre fielder Sam Fuld tried to dive for a two-out sinking liner by Conor Gillaspie in the first inning, but the ball skipped in front of and past him for a triple and Abreu followed with an RBI single. Then third baseman Eduardo Escobar bungled a routine ground ball by letting it slide between his legs to start the second inning. The White Sox only needed a single, a walk and a two-out hit-by-pitch to produce the unearned run. Correias 3-1 bases-loaded fastball bounced off Beckhams elbow and hit catcher Kurt Suzuki in the throat, but he was all right to stay in the game. Escobar committed a second error on a similar play the next inning, but Correia escaped trouble with a double-play groundball by Dayan Viciedo. Cheap NCAA Jerseys. The Brazilian-born Rienzo, who debuted for the White Sox last summer, was 4-0 after his first six starts following the rotator cuff injury that knocked Felipe Paulino out of action. Rienzo has struggled badly since, though, by finishing the fifth inning in only two of his last five turns. His ERA during the losing streak is 8.87. The Twins hit three straight two-out singles in the second inning to load the bases, and Fuld walked to force in the first run. Then Rienzo hit Brian Dozier with a pitch to put two runners on for Mauer in the fifth inning, setting the struggling six-time All-Star and three-time batting champion up for just his fourth multi-RBI game this season. Two of those have been in this series. The White Sox have hung around the pack in the American League Central all year, never losing or winning more than four games in a row, but this has been a rough start to an 11-game road trip. They fell a season-high five games under .500 and back into last place. The Twins took a five-game losing streak into this series. Their starters have a 2.41 ERA over the last 11 games. NOTES: Mauer has 18 of his 20 RBIs this season at Target Field. ... Gillaspie went 2 for 4 to raise his average to .340, but he doesnt have enough at-bats to qualify yet for the league batting lead. In his last 30 games, Gillaspie is batting .366. ... Twins RF Oswaldo Arcia is hitless in his last 27 at-bats. ... The White Sox will send John Danks (6-5, 3.97) to the mound for the series finale Sunday, and Phil Hughes (7-3, 3.09 ERA) will pitch for the Twins. Danks has a 5.70 ERA in six road starts this season. Hughes gave up three HRs in his last home start, the only time a team has taken him deep in his last eight turns. ... White Sox manager Robin Ventura successfully challenged a call in the third inning, when Brian Dozier originally led off with a double. Replays showed Beckhams tag grazed Doziers foot before it landed on the base. ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

ST. [url=https://www.cheapshoesblackfriday.com/]Cheap Shoes Black Friday[/url] . LOUIS - Jared Cook had his most productive gam
MONTREAL - Jean-Gabriel Pageau and Buddy Robinson scored 43 seconds apart in the second period to lead the Binghamton Senators

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz