TORONTO - Emilio Bonifacio is a Kansas City Royal, Colby Rasmus is on the disabled list and Kevin Pillar and Munenori Kawasaki

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 22.11.2019 03:04

TORONTO - Emilio Bonifacio is a Kansas City Royal, Colby Rasmus is on the disabled list and Kevin Pillar and Munenori Kawasaki are up from Triple-A, the first in what could be a series of moves which reflect the harsh truths the Blue Jays face: the season is over and the future is now. Floyd Bannister Mariners Jersey . "Boni wasnt getting a lot of playing time here and obviously scuffled with the bat," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "It was also a chance to get Pillar up here as well. I think in the next few days well probably have to make another move with an outfielder; were playing with three right now." Expect Anthony Gose to be recalled next, perhaps as early as Thursday. Colby Rasmus has a strained left oblique, suffered on a check swing during an at-bat on Sunday against Oakland. With Melky Cabrera down thanks to lingering knee trouble the Jays need both Pillar and Gose to maintain a complement of four outfielders. Jose Bautista is the mainstay in right field. Two of Pillar, Gose and Rajai Davis would man the other spots on a given night. Pillar arrives on merit. A 32nd round pick two years ago out of California State University Dominguez Hills, hes hit .299 or better at five minor league stops, rocketing through the system. Hes earned respect for "playing the game the right way" and is described by observers close to the Blue Jays as being "fundamentally sound." The latter should be music to a fans ears. "Clearly I could say, and I say that respectfully, we got him wrong," said Anthopoulos. "Just because if he has a chance to get to the big leagues you dont wait for the 30th round to select him. You could say that about Mike Piazza and Albert Pujols and Ian Kinsler and all these guys who were late picks.I think its a credit to the player and a credit to player development, both of them, really." The math says Pillar was passed over in the 2011 draft almost 1,000 times. Its a staggering number. Dont doubt Pillar remembers. Scouts say none of his tools stand out but emulating the work ethic of his baseball hero, Cal Ripken Jr., Pillar has met each challenge with success. "Being drafted in the 32nd round after what I at least thought was a successful college career even though it was the Division II level, theres definitely a chip on my shoulder to prove that they may have got it wrong in the draft, that the system may not be perfect," said Pillar. "Going in, naturally, I was already a little upset. I carried that chip on my shoulder." The Bonifacio trade came together after he was placed on waivers and claimed by Kansas City. The Jays will receive a cash consideration or a player in return and the two sides have about a month to work out the specifics. Bonifacios tenure in Toronto ends. In a way, it doesnt feel as if his tenure really began. He struggled offensively and defensively out of the gate, never putting together consistently good at bats and failing to stake claim to second base, which could have been his. With just a .258 on-base percentage, Bonifacios speed was rendered irrelevant and a strength of his - the stolen base - never materialized. He was thrown out six times in only 18 attempts. "Its one of those things, I mean you try everything and stuff doesnt come your way," said Jose Reyes, one of Bonifacios good friends on the club. "Boni is a guy whos hard working. He comes here early everyday, working to try to get better. For him, hes the guy if hes going to play he needs to play everyday. As a baseball player, when people tell you this is your position and youre going to play everyday there that puts your confidence level up. Its hard when you come to the ballpark and you dont know if youre going to be in the lineup or where youre going to play. Thats just me talking." DRABEK PROMOTED TO BUFFALO Right-hander Kyle Drabek, building up arm strength as he recovers from a second Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery, has been promoted to the Triple-A Bisons. In 10 appearances, eight starts, at two minor league stops (Single-A Dunedin and Double-A New Hampshire,) Drabek has a 2.83 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 28 2/3 innings. Drabek joins one-time Blue Jays rotation mate Drew Hutchison with the Bisons. Hutchison, like Drabek, is recovering from Tommy John surgery and both are expected to return to the majors before the season ends. Mark Langston Jersey . Bale has had a successful debut season in Spain, and Ancelotti appears ready to reward him with a starting role on Saturday. Ancelotti says "Gareth had some problems at the beginning (of the season) but when he found good physical condition he scored a lot of goals, he had a good impact on the team. Floyd Bannister Jersey . The $145.7-million Tim Hortons Field was slated to open this month, a year before it was to host all 32 mens and womens soccer competitions. The delay has forced the Hamilton Tiger-Cats football team to use a smaller facility for the first two home games of the season. https://www.cheapmariners.com/2245k-sam-tuivailala-jersey-mariners.html . After missing 20 games as a rookie a year ago, Valanciunas - like the Raptors as a whole - has been fortunate to be in good health this season. As he spoke about it, the Raptors sophomore centre scanned the room for wood to knock on. "It is disappointing because we lost today so thats the worst part of the day," said Valanciunas, who left Tuesdays game with a lower-back sprain in the third quarter, missing the rest of Torontos 118-113 overtime defeat at the hands of the Hawks.CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. -- Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Clayton Kershaw allowed two runs and six hits in five innings during Wednesday nights injury rehabilitation stint with the Double-A Chattanooga Lookouts. A 29-pitch first inning kept Kershaw from being dominant, but he still finished with nine strikeouts. "I would like to have gotten through six or seven innings, but I had a good time working with these guys," Kershaw said. "Its tough when pitch counts are in the back of your mind. Obviously the main goal of why I was here was to get my pitch count up and be ready for 100-plus pitches in the big leagues. "At the same time, youre trying to compete, too. Fortunately for me, I am kind of done with that and can go pitch now." Kershaw threw 86 pitches Wednesday after tossing 56 Friday during his first rehab stint at Rancho Cucamonga of the Class A California League, when he allowed two hits in five scoreless innings. He opened this season getting a win for the Dodgers over Arizona in Australia on March 22 but went on the disabled list for the first time in his career several days later with a strained upper back. "Ive learned I dont like it," Kershaw said of his DL stint. "As much as yyou try and be a part of this team, our team is playing right now while Im in Chattanooga. Matt Festa Mariners Jersey. Its a weird process for me, and you kind of feel isolated a little bit. Hopefully I never have to do it again." Kershaw said he feels healthy but didnt know when he would be joining his big-league teammates. John Andreoli drew a leadoff walk for the Smokies in the first inning, and Dustin Geiger drove in the first run off Kershaw with a two-out double to left. Geiger singled to left in the fifth inning to score Andreoli again. Kershaws appearance resulted in a sellout crowd of 6,318. "I think its pretty great for this city to get to see Clayton Kershaw, one of the great pitchers in the game doing a rehab assignment," Dodgers player development director DeJon Watson said. "Its a great opportunity for them to see our overall brand of baseball and having Clayton Kershaw as a model of what we do from an organizational standpoint. Were trying to get him in the best position to get him prepared to get him back in the big leagues, and coming here kind of worked out the best. "The competition level is pretty good here, and he was forced to execute good pitches in key counts." ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

SYRACUSE, N. [url=https://www.cheapnationals.com/567r-raudy-read-jersey-nationals.htm l]Raudy Read Jersey[/url] .Y. -- Trevor Co
Boston, MA (SportsNetwork. [url=https://www.cheapceltics.com/]Boston Celtics Gear[/url] .com) - Matt Calvert scored twice in th

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz