DETROIT -- Tomas Holmstrom scored the only goal of the shootout to give the Detroit Red Wings alumni a 6-5 victory and a sweep o

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 06.10.2018 04:47

DETROIT -- Tomas Holmstrom scored the only goal of the shootout to give the Detroit Red Wings alumni a 6-5 victory and a sweep of two games in the NHLs Alumni Showdown outside at Comerica Park before an announced crowd 33,425 on Tuesday. Justin Turner Jersey . Bryan McCabe tied it at 5 for Toronto with 2 seconds left to cap the Maple Leafs comeback from a 5-1 deficit. Detroit won the first game 5-4. The second game, played in two 25-minute halves, featured Hall of Famer and long-time Red Wings captain Steve Yzerman, who is the general manger of the Tampa Bay Lightning and the GM of Canadas Olympic Team; Brendan Shanahan, an NHL vice-president; and Nicklas Lidstrom for Detroit, and Hall of Famers Darryl Sittler, Doug Gilmour, Lanny McDonald, Mike Gartner and Joe Nieuwendyk for Toronto. Lidstrom had a goal and an assist and Shanahan also scored. Other Hall of Famers who suited up for Detroit were Chris Chelios, who scored a goal, Larry Murphy, Paul Coffey, Slava Fetisov, Igor Larionov, Mark Howe and Dino Ciccarelli. Hall of Famer Scotty Bowman coached the Red Wings, and Pat Quinn directed the Maple Leafs. Hall of FamersGordie Howe and Ted Lindsay dropped the puck for a ceremonial faceoff between Yzerman and Sittler before the second game and Vladimir Konstatinov was helped onto the ice to be with the rest of his "Russian 5" former Red Wing teammates, Larionov, Fetisov, Sergei Fedorov -- who had a goal -- and Slava Kozlov. Konstantinov was badly injured in a limousine accident a few days after Detroit won the 1997 Stanley Cup. Doug Brown also scored for Detroit. Gary Roberts, Shayne Corson, Tie Domi, Steve Thomas also scored for Toronto. The first game, played in two 20-minute halves, featured 74-year-old University of Michigan coach Red Berenson and two-time Stanley Cup winner Martin Lapointe for the Red Wings, and three-time Stanley Cup champion Mike Krushelnyski for the Maple Leafs Alumni. Berenson didnt skate and play like a 74-year-old. "I hope when Im 74, I can still play in these games," Torontos Brad Marsh said. "Im 55 now. You can do the math." Berenson talked about his secret. "I think Im lucky. Ive been able to stay in the game and be around young kids and be on the ice with them," he said. "But Im just lucky." The youngest participant, 41 years younger than Berenson, was 33-year-old Jiri Fischer, who had a goal and an assist. He was forced to retire at the age of 25, after having a heart attack on the bench during a Red Wings game on Nov. 20, 2006. Fischer is Detroits director of player development. Kevin Miller had a goal and two assists and Aaron Ward also had a goal and an assist for Detroit. Petr Klima and Pat Verbeek also scored. Stu Gavin, Todd Warriner, Brad May and Bill Derlago scored for Toronto. Dan Daoust had two assists. Yasmani Grandal Jersey . Louis Cardinals. He was 48. The commissioners office said Bell died in his home state of Ohio. Bell had not been feeling well over the weekend and had been scheduled to see doctors later Monday at the Cleveland Clinic. Fernando Valenzuela Jersey . 1 goaltender tonight when they conclude a four-game road trip versus the Winnipeg Jets. http://www.dodgersteamproshop.com/Dodgers-Chris-Taylor-Kids-Jersey/ . JOHNS, N.WINNIPEG -- The experiment is only a couple of games old, but new Winnipeg Jets coach Paul Maurice says hes leaving Dustin Byfuglien at forward for now. "Im going to leave him there until I . . . see something that I need to change," he said Tuesday. "That may be next week, that may be next month, that may be never. But Im not making a decision until I need to." Maurice was impressed with how Byfuglien played in Winnipegs 5-1 win over the Phoenix Coyotes on Monday night. "I think I have a pretty good handle on what hes capable of doing and I think you saw that," the coach said after a short but intense practice. Byfuglien had two assists versus Phoenix and remains the third highest-scoring defenceman in the league with 37 points. He still jumps back in on the point on power plays although at even strength he plays forward. "Sometimes its a little tough to stay on the point but its good I get out there a little more," Byfuglien says. "Im more comfortable on D so its a lot easier to go back there and just feel comfortable and know that Im doing a lot better." Although he played forward with the Chicago Blackhawks, Byfuglien says he still doesnt feel all that comfortable in the role with the Jets. "Definitely not. It will take a few weeks for that one." Maurice was pleased overall with the energy level the team showed Tuesday and says there may be too much focus on Byfuglien, in particular if he makes a mistake when many other players in a similar position go unnoticed. "We are a far better hockey team with Dustin Byfuglien at forward or at D playing close to his abilities," Maurice said. "Thats my goal. . . At the end of the day, if Ive got a guy I feel can play at the back end and up front, then thats (a) best-case scenario." Maurice replaced Claude Noel, fired on the weekend as thhe Jets floundered and lost five in a row. Joc Pederson Jersey. Noel left the new coach a note that Maurice said he didnt get a chance to read immediately. But after reading it Monday, he had nothing but praise for his predecessor. "The point was there are very special people here, its a great town, he made that point, great organization and great players. When you get fired, youre dealing with a lot of tough emotions. For him to take time, that just shows how much he cares and the quality of man that he is. . . "He grew to love the team and the town and he was a good coach." He said he wants to thank Noel for the good work that he did with the team that might have gone unappreciated with his firing. "And Im speaking from experience." Maurice was fired by the Carolina Hurricanes (twice) and the Toronto Maples Leafs. After the win the players were a lot more upbeat than they have been for weeks, although they know it was just one game. "It was good to get back on track but this is a process so we need to bring that same level of energy every night," said forward Blake Wheeler, who enjoyed hearing cheers instead of jeers from fans. "Its been tough. We know when we deserve to get booed off the ice. We know when we deserve to get cheered on." The word "playoffs" even re-entered the Jets vocabulary, although at 20-23-5 theyre still tied on points for last place in the Central Division with the Nashville Predators. "Our goal at the start of the year was to make the playoffs and youre never out of it until youre out of it," said rookie forward Mark Scheifele, the teams No. 1 draft pick in 2011 who has seven goals and 24 points so far this season and sits fifth among rookie scorers in the NHL. "Theres still a lot of games left. All we have to do is make a good push and play as a team." Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys Cheap Mets Jerseys Cheap Phillies Jerseys Cheap Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Cheap Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Padres Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

SEATTLE - The Seattle Mariners have officially announced a seven-year contract with third baseman Kyle Seager that will keep him
Winnipeg Jets 2 Phoenix Coyotes 1 Shootout (Jets 34-33-10, Road 17-18-4) – The game concluded a five game road trip for the Jets

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz