PHILADELPHIA -- If the Flyers continue to play as well as they did on Saturday, theyll have little trouble making the playoffs.

#1 von jokergreen0220 , 10.10.2018 04:22

PHILADELPHIA -- If the Flyers continue to play as well as they did on Saturday, theyll have little trouble making the playoffs. Adam Ottavino Jersey . Matt Read scored a pair of goals to lift the Flyers to a convincing 4-0 victory over the short-handed Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday. "We were looking for a game like that a long time ago where we make sure that everybody follows the game plan and everybody plays 60 minutes," said Flyers captain Claude Giroux, who had a pair of assists. "It feels pretty good." Scott Hartnell and Vincent Lecavalier also scored for Philadelphia, which is in the middle of a tightly bunched pack of teams battling for a playoff spot. The Penguins, who are comfortably atop the Metropolitan Division, were shut out for the fourth time this season. Pittsburgh played without its third- and fourth-leading scorers, Chris Kunitz (lower body) and James Neal (concussion). The Flyers neutralized Pittsburgh stars Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. "They did a lot of what we expected," Pittsburgh coach Dan Bylsma said. "We werent able to handle it, and in all aspects of the game we werent good." Besides Kunitz and Neal, the Penguins continued to be without top winger Pascal Dupuis (knee) and defencemen Kris Letang (stroke) and Paul Martin (hand). But Bylsma wouldnt use injuries as an excuse. "We have capable guys, guys who have done well for us before," he said. "We have to find ways to win within our roles regardless of whos in there. We werent able and ready to do that today." Philadelphia played like the first-place team in a matchup between two the leagues top rivals. "We want to finish higher and want home-ice advantage," Giroux said. "Its there for us to take but we have to keep playing like this." The Flyers came out with a high-energy attack from the opening faceoff in one of their best efforts of the season. Steve Mason made 25 saves for his fourth shutout of the season and 23rd of his career. "Everything felt very under control," Mason said. Leading 2-0 after one period, Philadelphia made it 4-0 with a pair of second-period goals. Lecavalier made it 3-0 when he scored on a breakaway after taking a stellar pass from Luke Schenn. Then, Read tallied his second of the game by finishing a beautifully executed 3-on-1 with Giroux and Sean Couturier with 17 seconds remaining in the period to give Philadelphia a 4-0 advantage. Couturier passed to Giroux in the slot and Giroux faked the shot before going back to Couturier, who whipped it across the ice to a wide-open Read. Read tapped home the goal past a sprawling Fleury, who was fooled by Girouxs fake. "Its hard to miss those when theyre right on your stick," Read said. "I benefited from those two making a great play." Mason kept Pittsburgh scoreless with a strong second period that included a point-blank stop of Jayson Megna six minutes into the period and a solid save on Simon Despres try from the left circle with 33 seconds left. The Flyers jumped out to a 2-0 lead with two nice goals in the first period. Hartnell opened the scoring with a power-play goal 3:50 into the game by one-timing Girouxs pass from the slot. The shot changed directions when hitting Brooks Orpiks stick and went off Fleurys left shoulder and in. A little more than four minutes later, Read scored a short-handed tally on a one-timer from close range after taking a deft pass from Couturier from behind the net and firing it over Fleurys left shoulder. The Flyers unveiled an 8-foot, 1,300-pound statue of Hall of Fame coach Fred Shero prior to the game on the former site of the Spectrum, which is adjacent to the Wells Fargo Center. Shero coached the Flyers for seven seasons and won a pair of Stanley Cups, in 1974 and 75. Sheros son, Ray, who is the Penguins general manager, was among those who attended the pregame ceremony. Notes: Kunitz, who has 59 points on the season, warmed up but didnt play. Kunitz crashed into the goal post in the third period of Tuesdays game against Washington. Bylsma was noncommittal when asked whether Kunitz would play Sunday. ... G Ray Emery returned to his role backing up Mason. Emery hadnt dressed since suffering a lower body injury Feb. 27 against San Jose. ... Crosby, who leads the NHL with 88 points, entered with 75 points in 30 career games against Philadelphia. ... The teams will play a rematch at 12:30 Sunday afternoon in Pittsburgh. Jon Gray Jersey . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video. Jake McGee Jersey . While Minnesota takes aim at its eighth win of November, the Canadiens will try to post just their third victory in nine games this month. http://www.rockiesgearproshop.com/Rockies-Kyle-Freeland-Kids-Jersey/ . -- Chicago manager Darold Butler has a message for the Windy City.Newcastle manager Alan Pardew head-butted a player in an English Premier League game against Hull on Saturday, leading to a swift formal warning and 100,000-pound ($168,000) fine from his club, and facing the prospect of a lengthy touchline ban. The touchline confrontation unfolded in the 72nd minute when Hull midfielder David Meyler barged into Pardew as he looked to retrieve the ball for a throw-in at KC Stadium. After squaring up to Meyler before moving his head in the direction of the players face, Pardew was sent to the stands. FA chairman Greg Dyke described Pardews actions as "serious" after Newcastles 4-1 win, and said an investigation would be opened. Pardews employers reacted quickly, holding urgent talks with the manager and announcing his punishment hours later. "His behaviour was unacceptable and is not the behaviour we expect from the manager of Newcastle United," the northeast club said on its website. Pardew, whose job does not appear to be under immediate threat, accepted the formal warning and fine, Newcastle said. "Alan unreservedly apologized immediately following the game to the player, to Hull City Football Club and its fans, and to the fans of Newcastle United," the club statement said. "We have held discussions this evening with Alan, who has offeered his sincere apologies to the club and it is clear he deeply regrets his actions. Greg Holland Jersey. quot; Although Pardew denied head-butting Meyler, he conceded the incident was "a wake-up call," coming after a recent touchline altercation with Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini. "(Meyler) was right on top of me and I wanted to just ease him away from me but obviously I put my head in a forward motion," Pardew said after the game. "I want to apologize to him, everyone at Hull and obviously my own fans as well. I dont think it was a head-butt. It wasnt a motion that was quick. "Sometimes when youre on the sideline like that you can get involved in a moment like that. It was an incident that just flared up all around me. I just wanted to get him away." Pardew said he would "accept whatever comes my way" as a punishment, and he was likely to be prevented from sitting on the bench for several games by the FA. Newcastles statement expressed disappointment that Pardews behaviour took the focus off such a fine attacking performance against Hull. Newcastle was already leading 3-1 at the time of the incident after Moussa Sissoko scored twice on either side of Loic Remys goal. With Pardew in the stands, Vurnon Anita added the fourth in stoppage time. Cheap Bosnia Herzegovina Soccer Jerseys Cheap Belgium Soccer Jerseys Cheap Austria Soccer Jerseys Cheap Australia Soccer Jerseys Cheap Danmark Soccer Jerseys Cheap Ecuador Soccer Jerseys Cheap Egypt Soccer Jerseys Cheap England Soccer Jerseys Cheap Finland Soccer Jerseys Cheap France Soccer Jerseys Cheap Germany Soccer Jerseys Cheap Ghana Soccer Jerseys Cheap Greece Soccer Jerseys Cheap Argentina Soccer Jerseys Cheap Netherlands Soccer Jerseys Cheap Honduras Soccer Jerseys Cheap Hungary Soccer Jerseys Cheap Iceland Soccer Jerseys Cheap Indonesia Soccer Jerseys Cheap Iraq Soccer Jerseys ' ' '

jokergreen0220  
jokergreen0220

Boston, MA (SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.leafsauthority.com/authentic-ben-smith-maple-leafs-jerse y/]Ben Smith Jersey[/url] .co
(SportsNetwork. [url=http://www.nhlkingsauthority.com/customized/]Custom Los Angeles Kings Jerseys[/url] .com) - The Orlando Mag

Xobor Forum Software ©Xobor.de | Forum erstellen
Datenschutz